The Media Training Bible
The Media Training Bible: 101 Things You Absolutely, Positively Need to Know Before Your Next Interview
Delivering an effective media interview today is more challenging than ever before. Today’s media spokesperson must compete with shrinking audience attention spans, cope with social media overload, and confront sensationalized reporting.
Given those challenges, how can you create positive messages that cut through the noise and motivate your audiences? How can you respond to difficult questions in a confident manner that increases your credibility? And how can you navigate your company through a media crisis so it becomes a mere blip instead of a reputation-destroying disaster?
Brad Phillips, one of the world’s top media trainers, will lead you through an engaging mix of 101 two-page lessons, three dozen real-life case studies, and several hands-on exercises. He will teach you how to become an effective media spokesperson, eliminate your fear, build your brand, and enhance your reputation.
You will learn how to:
- Master the ground rules for working with reporters
- Create memorable media messages
- Support your message with media-friendly stories, statistics, and sound bites
- Deliver a winning interview
- Answer tough questions
- Adjust your approach for print, radio, television, and social media
- Use positive body language that reinforces your message
- Dress for television
- Prepare for and manage a media crisis
One of the most comprehensive and well-organized books ever published on the topic, The Media Training Bible will prepare you for today’s media culture, in which a tweet can become newsworthy and a news interview can become tweet-worthy.