Note: Registration for this session is now closed. Please visit our workshops page to see our upcoming sessions.
Please join us in Washington, D.C. on February 3, 2014 for our first small-group media training workshop of 2014.
This workshop is appropriate for spokespersons with any level of experience. Although we’ll cover all of the basics beginners need to know, we’ll teach them at a level that experienced pros will learn from.
This session is perfect for spokespersons of companies, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies; book authors and marketers; and any other subject-matter expert or individual who interacts with the media.
Our sessions are restricted to the first 12 people to register, which allows each participant to receive individualized coaching, on-camera practice and personalized feedback. This workshop is interactive, dynamic, fast-moving, and information-packed.
During the interactive workshop, you will learn how to:
- Master the rules of working with the media
- Develop a winning media message
- Successfully incorporate memorable statistics, stories and sound bites into your answers
- Confidently interview for print, radio and television
- Get the headline you want
- Take control of an interview
- Transition from a reporter’s questions to your answers
- Answer the tough questions
- Spot and avoid journalist tricks
- Look great on television, sound great on radio
- Focus on non-verbal communication
- Interview for online and social media