Note: This post was updated in February 2014.
I’ve written hundreds of posts since beginning this blog. Many of the posts containing the most critical tips for media spokespersons have gotten buried, so I wanted to post them all in one easy-to-find place.
So, with no further introduction, here are the 21 links I consider to be the most important to budding media spokespersons. I hope you find them useful!
MEDIA GROUND RULES
- 1. Why Going Off-The-Record Is a Dumb Idea
- 2. Never Call Reporters Back By Their Deadlines
- 3. Eight Questions To Ask Before Every Interview
- 4. The Right Way To Tell Reporters About Yourself
- 5. Why You Shouldn’t Educate Reporters
- 6. Always Remember: The Reporter Isn’t Your Audience
- 7. How To Avoid Being Misquoted By Reporters
- 8. Eight Ways to Deliver a Better Phone Interview
- 9. The Three Things To Kill In Your Media Interviews
- 10. Seven Ways to Rock Your Next Radio Interview
- 11. Ten Things You Need to Know Before Going on Television
- 12. Ten Ways to Create Memorable Media Soundbites
- 13. Body Language: Energy
- 14. Body Language: Eye Contact
- 15. Body Language: Gestures
- 16. Body Language: Posture
- 19. Seven Rules to Remember When a Crisis Strikes
- 20. Seven Ways to Respond to a Negative News Story
- 21. How To Select The Right Spokesperson In a Crisis
You may also enjoy our video media training tips:
Now that you’ve found our blog, let’s stay in touch! Click here to instantly join our mailing list and receive our latest posts.